Keto Mongolian Beef
This is a simple week night stir fry that’s quick and easy to make. It's quite tasty and 100% Keto approved. This is sure to become a favorite!
- 1 lb flat iron steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch long diagonal slices
- 1/2 lb broccoli (optional)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos*
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated*
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped*
* For Low Carb Mongolian Beef Marinade
- Cut the flat iron steak into very thin slices against the grain.
- Add the sliced beef to a small ziplock bag and add the coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook, drain the meat from the marinade reserving the liquid for later.
- Add the coconut oil to a large wok or cast iron skillet and heat it until it's almost smoking. You want the oil to be hot so you can get the edges crispy on the beef.
- Add the beef to the very hot oil. You don't want to crowd the pan. Do it in 2 batches i you need to. Stir fry over a high heat for just 1-3 minutes (careful not to burn it). When the last batch of meat is in, add the green onions and cook for the last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- If you want more 'sauce' to serve with the meat quickly cook the remaining marinade for just a minute or two in your wok after the last batch of beef has been cooked, and serve with the beef.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For the broccoli
- Cut broccoli into small pieces and blanch it for two minutes in boiling water.
- Drain it really well, you don’t want extra liquid in the mongolian beef
- Stir-fry the broccoli for about three minutes, you need to keep it nice and crisp so don’t over cook it.
- Simpy mix this with the meat and serve.
Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1 Carbs: 4 grams, Protein: 20 grams, Fat: 33 grams RECIPE NOTES: Broccoli is optional and not included in the macros shown above.
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution