Keto Egg Nog
Creamy, delicious and sugar-free, this Keto Egg Nog carries just enough cinnamon & nutmeg to please the sense. This just might become a holiday classic!
6 egg yolks
½ cup powdered sweetener (Swerve Confectioners or equivalent)
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
½ tsp ground nutmeg
⅛ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon or nutmeg to sprinkle on top, (optional)
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sweetener until light yellow and creamy.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, almond milk, nutmeg, and salt in a over a medium-high heat. Stir consistently until it begins to simmer ( do not allow it to boil).
- Remove from the heat and add a ladle of the hot cream to the egg mixture a whisk it heartily. Continue to whisk and ladle in the cream to temper the eggs.
- Once the cream is combined with the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until it's slightly thickened. It should coat the back of the spoon. (You will see it thicken more as it cools).
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- I like to put it into a blender on high for 30-40 seconds to get the lumps out.
- Pour into a sealed container and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cinnamon and/or nutmeg or add a dollop of Keto whipped cream and serve.
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Carbs: 5 grams | Protein: 4 grams | Fat: 20 grams