Keto Biscuits 'N Gravy
Get ready to excite your taste buds with this Easy Keto Biscuits 'N Gravy recipe. This is Southern Comfort Food at it's finest!
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe's Just Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons golden flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 5 extra large egg whites (see notes)
- 10 oz. Appleton Farms Pork Sausage*
- 1 cup cream cheese*
- 1 cup beef broth or chicken broth*
- salt and pepper to taste*
- Cut butter into pea sized pieces, place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Once butter is frozen, mix with dry ingredients, place in freezer.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and mix into dry ingredients
- Form into a ball (an ice cream scoop works well for this)
- Bake on parchment paper for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Smother with butter and serve warm!
Keto Sausage Gravy Instructions
- In a large pan, cook sausage over medium heat for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Gradually add in cream cheese and broth and cook. You will need to stir this consistently until it is thick and smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir consistently as it simmers. Approximately 2 more minutes. As you stir, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split biscuits in half and top with about ⅓ cup gravy.
Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 Biscuit with 1/3 cup of gravy
Nutrition: Carbs: 6 grams | Protein: 21 grams | Fat: 29 grams
You may use any type of almond flour. I use Trader Joe's almond meal, but you don't have to have this. You must use extra large eggs and beat them stiff. You need at least 3/4 of a cup of egg whites, so use extra large eggs! They give the biscuits air and fluffiness.
Want Quick Weight Loss?
Check out my Signature Program, Keto Quick Start, where I teach the concepts you've learned here along with a step-by-step approach to Keto that leads to weight loss!