Keto Butter Roasted Turkey
Moist, roasted to perfection and infused with flavor, our Keto Butter Roasted Turkey is sure to be a taste sensation this holiday season!
- 1 whole turkey (about 12 pounds)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red onions (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large celery stalk (diced)
- 4 tsp fresh thyme, four small sprigs
- Pink Salt (fine grained)
- Ground black pepper
- 10 slices of diced bacon (reserve drippings)
- 1/2 cup of butter (4 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of Xanthan gum (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Remove innards from your turkey and pat it dry. Then season the outside and inside with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place cherry tomatoes inside the cavity along with onions, celery, garlic and thyme and then tie the legs together.
- Use a roasting pan with a wire rack inside and place the turkey on the rack in the roasting pan. Be sure to tuck the wings under the body.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave or in a skillet until crisp, reserving the drippings.
- Add butter to the skillet with the bacon drippings, stir until it's melted.
- Pour drippings mixture into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Use the mixture and rub it all over the turkey.
- Place into oven for 30 minutes then baste with the drippings every every 30 minutes.
- Roast the turkey for approximately 3 hours then remove to a tray of your choosing.
- Next, pour the drippings into a saucepan. Whisk in some Xanthan gum to thicken the mixture and add the reserved bacon to make an amazing gravy!
Servings:14 Serving Size: 1
Carbs: 4 grams | Protein: 4 grams | Fat: 10 grams