Keto Loaded "Hasbrown" Skillet
This is my attempt to replicate one of my favorite Ihop dishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked sausage (add more if you like)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grate cauliflower until florets are totally shredded
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoon of coconut oil over high heat.
- Add cauliflower hash, green pepper and cooked sausage to the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the bottom layer begins to turn golden brown, then flip with a spatula, cooking 3-5 minutes more before flipping again. Continue to cook until cauliflower is medium golden brown.
- Top with cheddar and green onions. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and allow cheese to melt slightly before serving.
Customize with your favorite hash brown add-ins, including: cooked steak, crumbled cooked bacon, mushrooms, garlic, whatever you like. You can even top with a fried egg over easy. You want to pop the egg just prior to eating this~it's so yummy good like this!
The key to golden-brown hash browns is not to stir or flip them too often. Let them sit in a hot skillet for several minutes to ensure they get good and browned.
Serving Size: 3 Servings: 1
Carbs: 11 grams | Protein: 12 grams | Fat: 17 grams
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution
Want Quick Weight Loss?
Check out my Signature Program, Keto Quick Start, where I teach the concepts you've learned here along with a step-by-step approach to Keto that leads to weight loss!