Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Ooey Gooey Delicious. This is like having the insides of a sandwich in a casserole. You could do some Keto Bread and actually make a sandwich if you like. Consider my Keto Savory Sesame Bread or my Keto Bun Recipe if you choose to make this into sandwich contents.
- 8 ounces ribeye steak
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ pound provolone slices (4 ounces) chopped
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella divided
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- When the skillet is hot, cook steak for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add onion and green pepper to the same hot skillet. Saute 10 minutes until tender.
- Next, add garlic, cook 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Fold in the cooked onions and peppers.
- Slice ribeye into bite-sized pieces. Fold into cream cheese mixture, along with provolone and ½ cup shredded mozzarella.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch baking dish or cast iron skillet. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes, until cheese
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and serve warm.
For additional fats consider pouring melted butter over the top and serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Servings: 12 Servings size: 1/3 cup
Carbohydrates: 2 grams | Protein: 10 grams |Fat: 7 grams
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution