Bulletproof Coffee (aka fatty coffee)
This is the BEST bulletproof coffee recipe! This post is also going to be a little bit educational as well and you get to find out what my secret ingredient is!
- 1 tbsp of butter and/or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of Braine Octane
- 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream (no Carrageenan)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Coffee (any kind will do; I use whole bean to avoid sugars)
You can actually use any combination you like. The object is to get the fats in. Avoid sweeteners unless you are including this at the meal.
- Use a blender. This is the best way to get the bulletproof coffee super frothy! However, the downside is the cleanup – you have to wash a whole blender just to make a cup of coffee. And, if you work in an office, this isn’t a very practical option.
- Use an Immersion blender: This is what I do when I'm home. It's super easy and clean up is a breeze. Check the comments, I'll be showing you what I use.
- Use a frother. These are perfect for making keto coffee on the go! A milk frother is small, compact, much quieter than a blender, and easier to clean. However, the downside is you don’t get quite as much foam as you do from the blender.
If you don't drink coffee, you can do the same thing with a hot tea!
Ok the secret ingredient...Brain Octane. This is my secret ingredient. I love this stuff and won't be without it. Why? Omg guys!!
- It is tasteless, but I like the texture it creates
- Your body converts it to ketones within minutes of taking it and this means usable energy!
- It creates amazing brain clarity (no more brain fog)
- It supplies 14 grams of healthy fat per tablespoon
- Curbs appetitte and sugar cravings
- Keeps you feeling full
- It's amazing stuff (not watered down like most MCT's)
You guys gotta try it and let me know what you think.
Servings: 1 Serving Size: 1 cup
Carbs: 3 grams |Protein: 0 grams| Fat: 26 grams
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution