Keto Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Bring back the pasta! This Keto bow tie pasta made with our tangy avocado mayo dressing is light, refreshing, and amazingly delicious! This is sure to become a crowd pleaser.
- 3/4 cup of Trader Joe's Just Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons Anthony's Arrowroot Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3-4 teaspoons of water
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce
Keto Avocado Mayo Dressing
- 3/4 cup of Primal Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1/2 large avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Add almond & coconut flour, arrowroot powder, and salt into a blender and pulse to combine.
- Add the apple cider vinegar continue to blend until combined.
- Next, add in the egg. Add a teaspoon of water at a time until the dough starts to form a ball.
- Then, knead the dough. The easiest way to do this is by wrapping the dough ball in plastic wrap for easy working.
- Place the dough in the fridge for approximately a half hour or so.
- Remove from refrigerator, and use a rolling pin to roll out to it's thinnest consistency
- Cut into rectangles and then pinch the center if you'd like to create bow-tie "pasta."
- Chill the bow -tie pasta in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Add Avocado oil and butter to a skillet and heat on low.
- Add pasta to heated skillet and toss until you notice the color starting to change.
- Pull from the skillet, allow to cool. It's very important that you chill it before adding your ingredients. Placing it in the refrigerator can speed the process.
- Add Keto Avocado Mayo Dressing, bacon, and tomatoes to the mixture, plate and serve.
- Option: Serve over a bed of lettuce
Keto Avocado Mayo Dressing Instructions
- Combine Primal Avocado Mayonnaise, avocado, lemon juice, garlic and hot sauce in a blender or food processor, and blend to combine. Add a splash of water if the dressing is too thick. Check for seasoning and adjust if you need to.
Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1
Carbs: 5 grams | Protein: 3 grams | Fat: 10 grams
MACROS FOR AVOCADO MAYO DRESSING:
Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1
Carbs: 1 grams | Protein: 0 grams | Fat: 20 grams
This pasta can be stored in the freezer for approximately 2 months. Consider shaping it out and putting if a freezer tight container for those days when you're just feeling like pasta without all the prep work. Dressing not included in macros (see separate recipe).
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution