Keto Chicken Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
This Chicken Spaghetti Squash Alfredo recipe is amazing and one of my favorite Keto meals. You get all the comforts and deliciousness of the traditional Chicken Alfredo recipe, without all the guilt. And, it’s every bit as delicious as the original!
- 4 cups spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder or minced garlic cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 7 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 oz. crumbled bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Start by making an making some incisions in the spaghetti squash with a knife. Then, place it in the microwave for 5 minutes. This will cause it to soften a bit and enable better cutting.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half by cutting lengthwise with a sharp knife. Be careful, it will be quite hot. Scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon.
- Place halves with cut side up in a large baking dish or baking tray. Brush heavily with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and a little basil. Place in the oven (face down) and bake until soft, for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the spaghetti squash.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter and olive oil (2 tbsp of each). When it starts to sizzle, add the chicken. Fry until browned, for about 15 minutes. If the butter and olive oil don't seem to be enough, feel free to add a liberal amount to the pan to cook the chicken in. It's fat and it will just help you in reaching your fat macro!
- Remove the chicken, reduce the heat of the pan slightly and add cream, cream cheese, butter, parmesan, and two-thirds of the mozzarella. Let simmer for a few minutes until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the squash is ready, remove from the oven and raise the oven temperature to 450°F (235°C). Loosen the squash flesh with a fork but without scraping it out. Gently press down the flesh, add chicken, and bacon, and pour over the creamy alfredo sauce. Top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese gets a nice golden color.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and finely chopped parsley.
Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1 (I only eat 1/2 of a cup)
Carbs: 15 grams | Protein: 39 grams | Fat: 52 grams
High on the protein side, but perfect OMAD option.
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution
Want Quick Weight Loss?
Check out my Signature Program, Keto Quick Start, where I teach the concepts you've learned here along with a step-by-step approach to Keto that leads to weight loss!