Keto Garlic Mac & Cheese
Mac and cheese is the ultimate in comfort food. You really can’t go wrong with any dish that has garlic and bacon in it. This low-carb version with garlic and herbs is sure to become a household favorite. If you've been searching for a Keto substitute that actually taste good, this is it!
- 2½ lbs cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line the cauliflower in a single layer across a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over top and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives and Italian seasoning. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, in a large sauce pan, heat the butter and garlic over medium heat. Cook until the butter starts to brown slightly and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese, the cheddar cheese and the cream cheese. Stir to melt and mix in the cheeses and then reduce the heat to low.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large casserole dish. Layer half of the crumbled bacon over top and then pour the cheese sauce over top. Use a rubber spatula to mix the layers together just slightly.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella, parmesan, and bacon over top.
- Transfer the casserole dish to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1 Net carbs: 10 grams | Protein 14 grams | Fat: 31 g RECIPE NOTES: I love to divide these up into individual ramekins for single servings!
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution