Keto Green Bean Casserole
This is green bean casserole with a twist. It contains brussels sprouts, bacon, Parmesan cheese and pork panko. It's totally fabulous!
- 6 cups green beans
- 4 cups brussels sprouts
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons of Kerry Gold Butter
- 4 shallots
- 1/2 cup pork panko pork rinds breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse brussels sprouts, trim ends, cut into quarters.
- Place brussels sprouts in microwaveable dish, with just enough water to cover bottom.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Trim green beans and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Boil until cooked (you can microwave). Drain. Set aside.
- Trim mushrooms, slice. Saute in 2 tbsp butter.
- Add in green beans and brussels sprouts.
- Mix cream cheese with heavy cream.
- Add in cream cheese mixture. Stir until incorporated.
- Add bacon and half of the parmesan cheese.
Shallot Panko Topping
- Slice shallots thinly on medium low heat and soften in 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs onto the sliced shallots until the panko is golden.
- Top casserole with shallots mixture, additional panko (if desired, but high in protein), and remaining parmesan cheese .
- Bake for 15 minutes or until Pork Panko is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
I use Bacon's Heir Pork Panko (see recommendation link below)
Please be aware that Pork Panko adds a lot of protein. This can be totally omitted to reduce the protein.
Servings: 10 Serving Size: 1
Carbs: 8 grams | Protein: 15 grams | Fat: 18 grams
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution
Want Quick Weight Loss?
Check out my Signature Program, Keto Quick Start, where I teach the concepts you've learned here along with a step-by-step approach to Keto that leads to weight loss!