Keto Hamburger Buns
Keto hamburger buns means that you can still have a classic hamburger. They are easy to make, taste great, have a nice bread-like texture & hold up well to a hamburger patty & fixin's - Only 3 Net carbs!
- 12 oz of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 Large egg
- 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum
- Add mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, garlic, and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the ingredients with a FORK mixing well. Depending on your microwave all the cheese may not quite melt within the first one to two minutes. Microwave in 20 second increments to avoid overcooking the cheese.
- If after you have mixed all these ingredients together and the dough seems to be cooling off you can put it back in the microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds to soften back up again.
- Once all the ingredients are melted together add the egg and stir. Keep stirring until the egg is well blended.
- Once blended completely, add Xanthan gum and mix well. I use a fork in order to create the dough consistency.
- Use Muffin top pan and fill the pan with even amounts of the dough. The pan I use makes 6 Buns.
- Baked in a convection oven at 375 for 30 minutes
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1 Bun
Carbs: 3 grams | Protein 7 grams | Fat:10 grams.
I cut my bun in half to save on all this protein.
If buns begin to bubble up and get an unwanted air pocket in the middle~just pop it! Cheese will do that sometimes. You haven't done anything wrong. Again, just pop it with the tip of a knife and continue cooking until done.
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution
Want Quick Weight Loss?
Check out my Signature Program, Keto Quick Start, where I teach the concepts you've learned here along with a step-by-step approach to Keto that leads to weight loss!