Keto Southern Biscuits
Southerners are hard-pressed to give up their biscuits. With this Keto Southern Biscuits recipe, you can indulge in freshly baked biscuits warm from the oven without compromising your diet.
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe's Just Almond Meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons golden flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 5 extra large egg whites (see notes)
- Cut butter into pea sized pieces, place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Once butter is frozen, mix with dry ingredients, place in freezer.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and mix into dry ingredients
- Form into a ball (an ice cream scoop works well for this)
- Bake on parchment paper for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Smother with butter and serve warm!
You may use any type of almond flour. I use Trader Joe's almond meal, but you don't have to have this. You must use extra large eggs and beat them stiff. You need at least 3/4 of a cup of egg whites, so use extra large eggs! They give the biscuits air and fluffiness.
Servings: 8 Serving size: 1 Biscuit
Nutrition: Carbs: 4 grams Protein: 5 grams Fat: 16 grams
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution