Keto Steak Fajita
These Keto Fajitas are tender, juicy and high on flavor. Tex-Mex Seasoning combined with a simple twist of lime simply put these over the top! They are surprisingly easy to make and are perfect for busy week nights!
- 10 oz. Romaine lettuce
- 5 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1½ lbs flank steak
- 3 oz. butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 5 oz. Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 lime fresh squeezed (over the top & optional)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tbsp sea salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients and stir in a bowl
- Prepare the toppings. Tear the lettuce, chop tomatoes, dice avocados, and clean and chop the cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice onion and pepper fairly thin.
- On a separate cutting board, cut the steak into thin strips.
- Fry the steak in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper to taste. When the steak is almost cooked through, add onion, pepper and Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Lower the heat and continue to fry while stirring for a couple of minutes until the steak is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables have softened just a bit.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and add the steak mixture. Add shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro and perhaps a dollop of sour cream and make into a salad.
For Tex-Mex Seasoning
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or when cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry and cool/room temperature place. Small tin cans are great.
- Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months; after this the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad, but will just be less powerful.
Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1
Carbs: 11 grams | Protein: 45 grams | Fat: 57 grams
Carb content includes the Tex-Mex Seasoning.
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution