Delicious buttery Keto Stromboli. Much like classic Reuben sandwich. Includes dipping sauce too! This contains several recipes within a recipe, but so worth it!
Hint: Make your mayo the day before so that you don't have so much to do.
- 6 ounces pre-shredded part skim mozzarella
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe's Almond Meal (can use almond flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Above portion of Stromboli dough
- 12 ounces corned beef chopped
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut well drained
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 whole egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt or to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (see Keto mayo recipe)
- 2 tbsp finely diced dill pickle
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 10 drops of Sweetleaf Liquid Stevia (or not)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Sprinkle a clean surface or with almond flour.
- In a large saucepan, melt the cheese and butter together over low heat until they are melted and can be stirred together.
- Remove from heat and add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Add the egg and stir everything together.Use a rubber spatula to really knead the dough together in the pan. It may still contain some streaks of cheese.
- Turn the dough out onto the prepared work surface and knead until uniform. If dough is still very sticky, add a tablespoon or two more almond flour and work it in.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Brush a large piece of parchment paper or a silicone liner with oil and turn out the dough onto this surface.
- Cover with another piece of parchment and roll out to a 16x10 inch rectangle. Cut strips on the diagonal down the long sides of the rectangle, about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.
- Mound the chopped corned beef down the center of the rectangle. Top with slices of Swiss cheese and the sauerkraut.
- Fold the strips of dough over the filling so that the ends overlap. Pinch the dough on the ends to seal. Sprinkle the top with caraway seeds and press lightly to adhere.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Remove and let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender cup and use an immersion blender if possible. Place the blender on the bottom and pulse until thickened.
- Raise the immersion blender up and down to thoroughly mix the mayo until well emulsified. Taste and add more salt as desired.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender or immersion blender bottle, you can use a hand mixer, food processor or a whisk instead. Just be sure to slowly stream the oil in as you are mixing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, pickle, tomato paste, stevia, cumin, and cloves. Serve on the side with the stromboli.
Because this recipe is so involved and has so many moving part, if you are importing it into My Fitness Pal you will need to copy and paste the additional ingredients from each section after the first one to get all the ingredients in.
Servings: 8 Serving Size: 1
Carbs: 6 grams, Protein: 18 grams, Fat: 54 grams
©Lisa Carroll Keto Revolution
Want Quick Weight Loss?
Check out my Signature Program, Keto Quick Start, where I teach the concepts you've learned here along with a step-by-step approach to Keto that leads to weight loss!